« Home | Keep your body pure » | Don't make fun of others » | Jesus will be your friend » | Follow Jesus » | Reflect Christ's love » | God is in charge of storms » | Love one another » | Be ready to witness » | Show love to your family » | Be a "Salty" Christian » 

Thursday, August 24, 2006 

Pay attention to God's word

Today's word: Psalm 119:33-40

33 Teach me, O LORD, to follow your decrees;
then I will keep them to the end.

34 Give me understanding, and I will keep your law
and obey it with all my heart.

35 Direct me in the path of your commands,
for there I find delight.

36 Turn my heart toward your statutes
and not toward selfish gain.

37 Turn my eyes away from worthless things;
preserve my life according to your word. [a]

38 Fulfill your promise to your servant,
so that you may be feared.

39 Take away the disgrace I dread,
for your laws are good.

40 How I long for your precepts!
Preserve my life in your righteousness.

How about you?
Do you sometimes stop listening when you hear parts of the Bible you tink you already know? Do you skim over some verses because you're familiar to you? Never take for granted that you know everything about any part of the Bible. Allow God to speak to you through His Word each time you read of hear it.

To memorize: 2 Timothy 2:15
Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth

yeah. thats what im feeling. whose heart cry was that?

Post a Comment