« Home | Keep growing in Christ » | Jesus paid your debt » | Get involved in church » | Beware of Satan's influence » | Serve Christ with your life » | Christians need one another » | "Things" don't satisfy » | Don't hold grudges » | Thank God for concerned parents » | God is in control » 

Wednesday, November 22, 2006 

Obey your heavenly Father

Today's word: John 15:9-14

9"As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. 10If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love. 11I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. 12My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. 13Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. 14You are my friends if you do what I command.

How about you?
Have you become a child of God by receiving the Lord Jesus as your Savior? Do you obey your Heavenly Father? His rules are in the Bible. If you love Him, you'll want to obey Him.

To memorize: John 14:15
If you love me, you will obey what I command

hey, do you realise that if we don't do the right thing...ie do the wrong thing.... our actions basically translate that we don't love Jesus. Coz GOd's word says if you love me, you will obey what i command. So if we lie, cheat, sin etc - out rightly in our actions we're telling God that we don't love Him. Our actions need to line up with our heart's condition. Something to think about.

It is so easy to fail in being obedient to God. Our sinful human nature is so very difficult to overcome. So we need God's grace and strength to do the right thing! I want to obey but I am weak. I feel that I do not love the Lord enough to obey His command all the time. I can only pray that I shall overcome my human weaknesses and be the person that God wants me to be. Loving God means to trust and obey. No problem with the trust part but help! I need your prayers in the obeying part.

Yes, we are all so unworthy! Without God's grace and mercy and love that surpasses all understanding, we are all doomed to hell. But Praise the Lord! Hallelujah! Our heavenly Father's love is unconditional! HE knows what is in our hearts and our minds. Just be grateful and thankful and do what we humanly can and pray for guidance and wisdom. GOD IS LOVE. Look through His living Word for answers to our lives' problems. Always remember what Lord Jesus did for us and we will find it easier to do our part. We are not promised peace without pain, joy without sorrow but what is promised is that God will not forsake any one of His children. Hey, that's us! God bless us all and we share His blessings because we love Him!

Post a Comment