« Home | Watch good TV programs » | Memorize God's Word » | God will reward His children » | Be Helpful » | Daily Devotion » 

Monday, December 19, 2005 

Confess your sins

Today's reading: Psalm 32:1-5

1 Blessed is he
whose transgressions are forgiven,
whose sins are covered.

2 Blessed is the man
whose sin the LORD does not count against him
and in whose spirit is no deceit.

3 When I kept silent,
my bones wasted away
through my groaning all day long.

4 For day and night
your hand was heavy upon me;
my strength was sapped
as in the heat of summer.
Selah

5 Then I acknowledged my sin to you
and did not cover up my iniquity.
I said, "I will confess
my transgressions to the LORD "—
and you forgave
the guilt of my sin.

How about you?
Is there sin cluttering your life? Sin that is allowed to accumulate can cover the beauty of your life in Christ. Don't let that happen. Spend some quite time (Big Adventure) with the Lord each day. Examine your heart. Is there a bad attitude? A lie you haven't confessed? Anger against a friend? Whatever it is, confess it to the Lord and ask Him to give you the victory over it.

To memorize: 1 John 1:9
9If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

but don't think it's an easy way out.. "Cheh I just confess then everything okay liao lorrr!"

i reckon we need to confess our sins AND also REPENT of our sins. Telling God that we're sorry that we've sinned against Him (Confession) and that we have realised that what we have done is wrong and with God's help He will help us overcome temptations in the future (REPENTANCE).
Susan M

yup...its important also that we do not take God's forgiveness for granted...repeating sins can have bad consequences.....what you sow is what you reap....

Post a Comment