« Home | Trust God's plan » | Learn to love others » | Don't be a snob » | Control your tongue » | Read your Bible » | Be attached to Jesus » | Be friendly to others » | Show love with actions » | Look for God's working » | Give God your all » 

Thursday, June 29, 2006 

Accept new situations

Today's word: Lamentations 3:18-26

18 So I say, "My splendor is gone
and all that I had hoped from the LORD."

19 I remember my affliction and my wandering,
the bitterness and the gall.

20 I well remember them,
and my soul is downcast within me.

21 Yet this I call to mind
and therefore I have hope:

22 Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.

23 They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.

24 I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion;
therefore I will wait for him."

25 The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him,
to the one who seeks him;

26 it is good to wait quietly
for the salvation of the LORD.

How about you?
How do you face new situation? Do you accept them as a challene to learn and grow? Or do you look at them with discouragement and refuse to try again? Perhaps a loved one has died, a friend has moved away, and things seem so uncertain for you. Ask God for strength to accept your new situation. Then look for ways you can reach out and be friendly to those around you.

To memorize: Lamentations 3:22-23
Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail
They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.

There is always hope & encouragement from the word of God. Like now financially we're lil tight. House mortgage has gone up. But the Lord is my portion. I will wait for him. I know that the Lord is good to me. I will wait upon the Lord. He is my provider.
If i don't know the scriptures.....i may pull my hair out trying how to pay bills! ;)

You're so right. Housing loan interest has gone up, prices for daily stuffs are escalating. It's easy to be overwhelmed by worries and insecurity.

I have also been worrying too, and found some comfort by bringing it to God in prayer. ... what a friend we have in Jesus...

Post a Comment