« Home | Throw away bad habits » | Be redeemed by Jesus' blood » | Don't vacation from God » | Don't criticize » | Turn trouble into triumph » | Words can wound » | Let God "remodel" you » | Be patient » | Jesus gives life » | Show God your're thankful » 

Saturday, April 22, 2006 

Witness with care

Today's word: 1 Corinthians 9:16-22

16Yet when I preach the gospel, I cannot boast, for I am compelled to preach. Woe to me if I do not preach the gospel! 17If I preach voluntarily, I have a reward; if not voluntarily, I am simply discharging the trust committed to me. 18What then is my reward? Just this: that in preaching the gospel I may offer it free of charge, and so not make use of my rights in preaching it.

19Though I am free and belong to no man, I make myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. 20To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. 21To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God's law but am under Christ's law), so as to win those not having the law. 22To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some.

How about you?
Are you unsure about how to witness to your friends? Take time to really get to know them. Find out more about their background, what they believe, and what their needs are. Then ask God to show you how to present Christ to them in the best way possible.

To memorize: 1 Corinthians 9:22
To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some

Witnessing to friends starts with genuine concern in the person, not just performing my Christian duty.

Dear blog moderators...
Black font on dark blue background is quite difficult to read, esp the smaller fonts eg comments. Hope some improvement in this area. Thanks.

Post a Comment