« Home | Be compassionate » | Love one another » | Think about good things » | Don't give up » | Give Jesus first place » | Heaven is wonderful » | Work together for Christ » | Strengthen new Christians » | Witness with care » | Throw away bad habits » 

Friday, May 05, 2006 

Don't neglect your witness

Today's word: 2 Timothy 1:3-8

3I thank God, whom I serve, as my forefathers did, with a clear conscience, as night and day I constantly remember you in my prayers. 4Recalling your tears, I long to see you, so that I may be filled with joy. 5I have been reminded of your sincere faith, which first lived in your grandmother Lois and in your mother Eunice and, I am persuaded, now lives in you also. 6For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands. 7For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline. 8So do not be ashamed to testify about our Lord, or ashamed of me his prisoner. But join with me in suffering for the gospel, by the power of God

How about you?
Have you been neglecting your Christian witness? Have you become slack about praying, reading your bible, or attending youth anc church? In today's reading Paul tells Timothy to stir up the gift that is in him. This may be good advice for you, too. The Christian life should be exciting, not dull. Use God's power to make it shine.

To memorize: 2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline

It's not easy sometimes.. you get so bogged down with other things.. but it's definitely worth it.

I love this verse!! .....Christian life is always exciting...not neccesarily a bed of roses all the time...definately there are some super hard & difficult times. Nonetheless, it's exciting. I reckon a good way to check out Christian life to reflect on it. Do you find it mundane, boring, lifeless - ask yourself - are you REALLY living a Christian life. Do a reality check on the pointers above e.g. reading the word of God, praying, being a christian witness.

Take some time to fall in love with Jesus all over again. ;)

Post a Comment