« Home | Heaven is wonderful » | Work together for Christ » | Strengthen new Christians » | Witness with care » | Throw away bad habits » | Be redeemed by Jesus' blood » | Don't vacation from God » | Don't criticize » | Turn trouble into triumph » | Words can wound » 

Thursday, April 27, 2006 

Give Jesus first place

Today's word: 1 John 2:15-17

15Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16For everything in the world—the cravings of sinful man, the lust of his eyes and the boasting of what he has and does—comes not from the Father but from the world. 17The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever.

How about you?
Is there something you'd rather be doing than going to youth meeting, church or reading the Bible? That activity may not be bad in itself, but it is bad if it takes you away from what you should be doing for the Lord. If you want to be a healthy, growing Christian, don't spoil you appetite in Christ!

To memorize: 1 John 2:15
Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him


This World Is Not My Home

What is my life, if without Christ
I will just be feeling lost
Life has no meaning at all
Till I learned about His Cause

What is the purpose of life
If I do not know about Jesus
About His plan of Salvation
The reason why He died for us

This world is not my home
I am just a passing through
I have a home awaiting me
Way way beyond the blue

I will be with my Lord one day
Where my soul will be at rest
What a glorious day that'll be
To know I have stood the test


Yes, it is important that we get our priorities right. We must stay focussed on Jesus. What is of the world is transient but what is of Christ is forever. Earthly treasures are the means that the enemy uses to entice us away from God so let us lay up our treasures in heaven instead.

We will dine with our Lord one fine day.

Eh what eulogia posted sounds familiar =D

Yeah.. priorities!!

yep
priorities, priorities
i can't understand ppl who say: I DON"T HAVE A CHOICE. I reckon we do have a choice. Our decisions are predetermined by priorities we have made in life. Example. I have decided church ministry comes above my other involvements (e.g. pharmacy society, work related activities - public forums, clubs etc). So when i'm faced with clashing activities. THe choice is always obvious for me. Church comes first.
Priorities......priorities...you are very right Garmy

When we get too comfortable and too much good things in life, we tend to move from THIS WORLD IS NOT MY HOME to THIS IS MY FATHER'S WORLD.

Aiya surf net too much. Wrong priority.

Post a Comment