« Home | Work together for Christ » | Strengthen new Christians » | Witness with care » | Throw away bad habits » | Be redeemed by Jesus' blood » | Don't vacation from God » | Don't criticize » | Turn trouble into triumph » | Words can wound » | Let God "remodel" you » 

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 

Heaven is wonderful

Today's word: 1 Corinthians 13:9-12

9For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

How about you?
Have you wondered what heaven will be like? There are all sorts of wrong ideas about it. One is that everyone will float on a cloud and have nothing to do except play a little harp. Such ideas aren't from the Bible, but God does tell us some of the good things that are in store for those who have believed on his Son, Jesus. There will be only good- no bad. Heaven is beautiful in every way, and we'll be fully happy.

To memorize: 1 Corinthians 13:12
Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known