« Home | Be a comforter » | Check the book (the Bible) » | Trust God to open doors » | Wisdom is a treasure » | Don't be blind to God's ways » | Let Jesus shine through you » | God is with you » | Read the bible » | Watch the little things » | Remember God's goodness » 

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 

Open your Bible and read


Today's word: Psalm 19:7-11


7 The law of the LORD is perfect, reviving the soul.
The statutes of the LORD are trustworthy, making wise the simple.

8 The precepts of the LORD are right, giving joy to the heart.
The commands of the LORD are radiant, giving light to the eyes.

9 The fear of the LORD is pure, enduring forever.
The ordinances of the LORD are sure and altogether righteous.

10 They are more precious than gold, than much pure gold;
they are sweeter than honey, than honey from the comb.

11 By them is your servant warned; in keeping them there is great reward.



How about you?
Do you open your Bible and read something from God's word everyday? You should. It can't help you if you leave it closed.







To memorize: Psalm 19:7
The law of the LORD is perfect, reviving the soul. The statutes of the LORD are trustworthy, making wise the simple.

I'll say an amen to that. GOd's word really revives me. WHen i feel like I don't feel GOd....I make myself read the word of God.....force myself to sometimes....even though it can be tempting to ignore the bible and watch tv or surf the internet instead. Somehow or rather, God's word gets implanted into my head and mind.....and life doesn't feel so dry anymore...know what i mean....anyone feel like how i feel....
I like this verse:
But his delight is in the law of the LORD,and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither.Whatever he does prospers.

In my teens, I memorized verses which today I can say have blessed me many many times over. This Book aint just a book of words. I am a follower of Christ longer than not, and I can honestly say that this it is Life-giving, Life-changing, Life-directing and Life-inspiring.

The Word of God contains priceless treasures that gives wisdom, comfort, strength, direction and protection to all those who seek it.

It is said that when we drink from the living water of God, we will never thirst again.

Hallelujah, isn't that simply marvellous!!

Post a Comment