« Home | Open your Bible and read » | Be a comforter » | Check the book (the Bible) » | Trust God to open doors » | Wisdom is a treasure » | Don't be blind to God's ways » | Let Jesus shine through you » | God is with you » | Read the bible » | Watch the little things » 

Thursday, February 16, 2006 

Watch your words

Today's word: Psalm 19:12-14

12 Who can discern his errors?
Forgive my hidden faults.

13 Keep your servant also from willful sins;
may they not rule over me.
Then will I be blameless,
innocent of great transgression.

14 May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be pleasing in your sight,
O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.

How about you?
Do you ever leave home with sharp words hanging between you and your family? Do you feed those feelings of anger with bitter thoughts? Right now, make up your mind to stop. Determine to say only words you would not regret if you knew they were the last words you would ever say to that people.

To memorize: Proverbs 10:19
When words are many, sin is not absent,
but he who holds his tongue is wise

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord"

The above words reminds me of a song "By the rivers of Babylon" by Boney M which tells about the captives who sings and praise the Lord despite their sad plight in a strange land. Wonder if any of you guys heard of this song?

Bitterness and resentment will only make things worse. It is better to accept whatever hardships that comes our way and keep faith in God that everything that happens to us came about for a reason. "God knows best".

Moreover, anger is a common human trait that we need to try to curb and control. Remember what the Bible tells us, "do not let the sun set on your wrath".

Hey Eulogia, that's a good song... Boney M is an old group, perhaps still going strong. You're showing your age? :-D

As for bitterness, resentment... only cure is forgiveness. Otherwise the person being hurt most is the unforgiver. I know how much harm that can do cos I've seen it cut short so much of a person's life. Not easy to do, but a decision that is well worth making. Anger is most often a Secondary Emotion i.e. its a result of something else - feeling frustrated about something, feeling bereaved, feeling let down, etc. Best to deal with at root if possible. Ancient Paths anyone?

Hmmmm I gotta memorize Proverbs 10:19!!!!

Post a Comment