« Home | God's way is best » | Care by sharing » | Be dependable » | Grow into maturity » | Be ready for Jesus » | Trust God in all things » | Express thanks to others » | God helps His children » | Obey those in charge » | Watch your words » 

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 

Changes comes through the Lord

Today's word: Romans 7:15-15

15I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature.[a] For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. 20Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

21So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22For in my inner being I delight in God's law; 23but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. 24What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? 25Thanks be to God—through Jesus Christ our Lord!
So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God's law, but in the sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.

How about you?
So you set impossible goals for yourself, such as "I'll never be bad again"? You see, we all have a sin nature within us. We are human. Even Chriatians do not do what is perfectly right all the time. Recognise that you cannot make a change in your life without the Lord's help. Be positive in your goals, make sure they are reasonable, and rely on Jesus to help you achieve them.

To memorize: Romans 8:1
There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,[a] who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit

self esteem... nyahaha

i have no friggin idea what the whole passage means. i only know that there's no condemnation to those who are in Jesus Christ, and walk accoding to spirit not flesh. (T_T)''''''

let me read again...

(throtting back after a hundred decades)

is it talking abt spiritual warfare? are the 'I's actually talking abt both the flesh and spirit? "i dont understand what i do. .... and if i do what i do not want to do, i agree that the law is good."...

my impossible goals got oh.. like don ever speak foul languages evermore..

LOL so toh~

venetia.

not speaking foul words is not impossible goals....they way to do it is renewing your mind with God's word.....if i can do it, u can do it too...

Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks.

The practice of good, profitable and wholesome speech needs effort. We need to actively pursue being fed with the right fodder. Then we need to practice using this fodder. It's like learning to do anything - starting is important. But so is continuing and practicing. Eventually it becomes easy and one does it without much effort... like riding a bicycle, changing gears on a car, typing on the keyboard, writing a sentence, speaking life to others....

Sometimes the starting point involves repentence.
Sometimes it involves JUST DOING IT.

This is good reminder for myself too!

As the saying goes, "the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak".

Being human with our inherent sinful nature, we tend to be influenced by worldly things, giving way to the weaknesses of the flesh. Thus, we do the things that we try not to do and find great difficulty in doing the things that we ought to do.

Yes, Venetia, it has something to do with spiritual warfare and this battle within us is ongoing all the time. But for followers of Jesus, the ultimate victory is ours
so we draw strength and comfort from this fact. It is okay to lose a round or two when we are assured of final victory.

We can rely on Lord Jesus who rules supreme and will never forsake us. Remember, the joy of the Lord is our strength!

Hallelujah, God's blessings is upon us all! Let's be thankful that God has got our weaknesses covered.

Post a Comment