« Home | Trust God in all things » | Express thanks to others » | God helps His children » | Obey those in charge » | Watch your words » | Open your Bible and read » | Be a comforter » | Check the book (the Bible) » | Trust God to open doors » | Wisdom is a treasure » 

Thursday, February 23, 2006 

Be ready for Jesus

Today's word: Luke 12:37-43

37It will be good for those servants whose master finds them watching when he comes. I tell you the truth, he will dress himself to serve, will have them recline at the table and will come and wait on them. 38It will be good for those servants whose master finds them ready, even if he comes in the second or third watch of the night. 39But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what hour the thief was coming, he would not have let his house be broken into. 40You also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him."

41Peter asked, "Lord, are you telling this parable to us, or to everyone?"

42The Lord answered, "Who then is the faithful and wise manager, whom the master puts in charge of his servants to give them their food allowance at the proper time? 43It will be good for that servant whom the master finds doing so when he returns.

How about you?
Would you be ready if Jesus came back today? Do you know Him as your Savior? If so, are you busy serving Him and obeying His commandments? Don't be taken by surprise. Be ready!

To memorize: Luke 12:40
You also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him

Sadly I will not be ready if the Lord should come next week or even next month.

I must not go on like this or I deserve to be one of those left behind. This is another "wake-up" reminder from God. I am drifting away and this is bad. Real bad. Help! Why am I getting further away when I should be getting
closer? Please help me Lord Jesus to walk with You the way I did before. I have gone astray, I am not growing as I should. What happened? Why am I not listening?
Why am I not obeying? Are my eyes and ears spiritually impaired?

This is a bad case, this is a sad case. Praise God for the timely warning. I know it is not too late but it will be if I do not prepare myself for the coming of the Lord.I must get back on the right path. Or I will regret for eternity. Whoever reads this, please say a short prayer for me.

would love to...u can give me a msg to identify urself...

for me.. the gun..

depends actually whether at that moment if i am spiritually super charged then im ready.

am i now?

i dont think i will know unless im really in the battlefield.

its like you wouldnt know how painful it is when a stingray sting you until you go into the water.

evenso, must be well prepared.. mou tak keng.. cannot be lazy.. lalalalalala

venetia

anyway the fisrt commentor.. 'sounded' like uncle michael. wuiseh. but i doubt its him. garh. or vivien? orrrrrr.......

hrm.. a few years back in usa,two students carrying guns went to their school and started shooting everyone they saw as they walked through the school.

a girl was reading her bible in the library and one of the guys came in and pointed a gun at her and asked "do you believe in god?"
she paused and answered "yes".
the boy said why? and shot her before she got a chance to answer.

i dont quite get this story myself. but think about it.. she just answered. she spent her last moments stuying the word of god. and proclaiming the good news.. dont you want to spent your last moments doing just that? doing what God has commanded us to do? and she didnt reject god.

Sometimes I think that if it were my own life, I wouldnt mind going quickly to be with the Lord even if challenged about my faith. Like someone once told me, it's one thing to be willing to go, but wanting to stay. It's another to be willing to stay and wanting to go.

I think it is worse if you are challenged for your faith. Then as you make your stand, you have to watch someone hack your beloved to pieces, as did happen in Indonesia as well. A Pastor watched his son being hacked limb by limb. Despite the agony, I am informed that the 9-10 year old boy called out to the father NOT to renounce his faith... even as he died before his father's eyes.

That is not just living for God. That is dying too.... for both father and son....

For Christians who are truly followers of Jesus, they should not be afraid of death.

But if I have to make my stand right now, I am afraid I would not know what my answer would be.

It will really depend on what is happening at that moment. Do I serve God by dying? Would my death be of benefit to anyone? For instance, if by my death, others
(esp. children) might be saved, then I am willing to make the sacrifice. But I do not want my death to be just in vain.

Perhaps we should seek counsel from the Holy Spirit. I can only pray that I will be able and willing to do what is required of me when the time comes. God's will be done and may I be given the wisdom and strength to do it. Amen.

Post a Comment