« Home | Changes comes through the Lord » | God's way is best » | Care by sharing » | Be dependable » | Grow into maturity » | Be ready for Jesus » | Trust God in all things » | Express thanks to others » | God helps His children » | Obey those in charge » 

Thursday, March 02, 2006 

God is with you

Today's word: Isaish 41:11-13

11 "All who rage against you
will surely be ashamed and disgraced;
those who oppose you
will be as nothing and perish.

12 Though you search for your enemies,
you will not find them.
Those who wage war against you
will be as nothing at all.

13 For I am the LORD, your God,
who takes hold of your right hand
and says to you, Do not fear;
I will help you.

How about you?
Do you trust God to take care of you? There are many verses in the Bible that tell you not to be afraid. Learn some of these verses and believe them when something frightens you.

To memorize: Isaiah 41:10
So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

There was a time when all I could do was to sit down and cry. I tried to stop the tears but I was so hurt that I couldnt. I didnt care who saw me. I was so upset. I felt angry at the person who had hurt me. Worse, I knew that I shouldnt have such bad feelings about the person. In my despair, inability to cope and desire for restitution, I turned to the Lord. Who else could I turn to after all.

As I called out to Him,He was silent. Nothing.... until my sobbing gave way to silent tears and I was willing to listen. Then He said just one sentence to me - "Vengeance is mine"

The realisation of what that meant shocked me to stop crying immediately. You see, when God acts on our behalf, then you can be assured that justice will indeed be served. And when we fully understand what that might entail, we will pray for mercy for the offender. We will even feel sorry for him/her.

The Lord has said that we are the apple of His eye. We are His beloved. He will not turn a blind eye nor a deaf ear. We need learn from David who did not retaliate against Saul despite all that Saul did, because he knew that Saul had been chosen by God and only God could remove him. We need to learn from Jenny who didnt retaliate when she was being bullied.... God is at work, we can be still and know HE IS God

God will take our right hand and be with us thoughout the way and say: " dont, worry. i'll be with you and help you."

something like that..?

hm.... good.

oh abt A. Elizabeth's one.. its also all about Love. :D. care and love. love and care... for the extreme ones, ive been thr twice..also cried as if it was torture. but God has set me free. so free like free bird flying in the bright blue sky towards the horizon. hey that was really how i felt. the freedom. it wasnt js happy. but joy. joy and happy different. and it was joy. weeeeeeeeeeeeee

Yes, "Vengeance is mine, saith the Lord". Our awesome God is just and righteous and we should just leave everything into His hands.

"God knows best" is a phrase I totally agree with though there are times when our human understanding finds it next to impossible to comprehend why certain things that took place had to happen.

We need to keep our faith alive and growing in our hearts. Remember, God is in control.

Yup, we are not to take revenge of ppl who have hurt us....even though it feels good to take revenge at times ( i must admit...the flesh taking control!) But remmeber, the Lord said that He himself is holding our hand. Like Big daddy looking after us...His lil kids! Don't mess with da Big Daddy !! ;)

Oh yes, His loving arms embraces us all and being His children, we can call on Him for help if the need arises.

Our Abba Father knows what is going on and He sends His angels to minister to us. What great previleges we have. Always be thankful for His everlasting love.

Dont be resentful against others though they may certainly deserve it. Just leave everything to our heavenly Father. Our awesome God is fair, just and righteous.

Post a Comment