« Home | God is with you » | Changes comes through the Lord » | God's way is best » | Care by sharing » | Be dependable » | Grow into maturity » | Be ready for Jesus » | Trust God in all things » | Express thanks to others » | God helps His children » 

Friday, March 03, 2006 

God will help with hard things

Today's word: Philippians 4:12-13, 19

12I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13I can do everything through him who gives me strength.

19And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.

How about you?
Is it hard for you to pray in public? To meet new people? To give your testimony? When you have to do something you find hard to do, whi is "behind the wheel"? Do you turn to God and seek His help? He'll help you do anything He wants you to do. Just ask Him.

To memorize: Philippians 4:13
I can do everything through him who gives me strength

yea, this is one of my favourite scripture passages from Philippians 4:13 -- 'that we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us'.

Learn the secret of happiness from the Apostle Paul "be content in every situation whether living in plenty or in want, secure in the knowledge that the Lord is with us always and that He will take care of everything".

The secret is to have the right
attitude in living our everyday
lives, that no matter what happens
"this is the day the Lord has made,
we will rejoice and be glad in it."
[Psalm 118:24]

Trust in the Lord and as we draw closer to Him, He will draw closer to us. Do not be afaid to seek His help. Confess and repent of our sinful nature and we will receive forgiveness. The gracious mercy of God endures forever. Hallelujah!

Fav verse of mine. Have to keep reminding myself. That i'm not doing things in independent of my effort. But thru Christ who give me strength. Makes perspective of life VERY VERY different

Hey Adel, glad that you have put this favourite scripture verse of many fellow Christians to good use. God is truly awesome. Oh Yes!

When we are weak and feeling lost
and wanting to give up, that is when the power of Christ will flow into our spirit to strenghten us. We are thus empowered. Do you realise that our weaknesses actually magnifies the greatness of the Lord.

Hallelujah, let's worship God in Spirit and in Truth. We are so very blessed indeed!

I have not been well the past three days, running nose, fever, sore throat and almost non-stop coughing. Was not able to attend PowerHse. I just leave everything
to Him to heal me as I know He will. Just sad that I cant sing
properly at the moment. Always enjoy singing praises during worship time. Tomorrow is the first Sunday of the month. Thank you for your prayers.

whut?! no updates?

venetia

inspiring entry, adelyne

sorry 2hear u not so well stanley. saw u in the sanctuary today and u seemed ok. u carried urself well.... may u get well quick! prayin 4u

Many thanks, Elizabeth. I must have coughed "ten thousand times" since last Tuesday. Between the "constant" sniffles and wracking coughs, slight fever and sore throat, I was having a very bad week indeed. A number of kind ppl prayed for me and I told God I wanted to attend Church on Sunday so that particular day, I was a bit better.

I am still having a terrible bout of coughing that keeps me awake at nights. Wonder if God is wanting to
build up my immune system or something. Cant be that He wants me to grow thinner some more as I have gone down quite a lot already. (haha)

I cant help thinking the joy I will feel when God finally heals me. Last night I was having meehoon soup for dinner and imagine me wanting to cough when I have a spoonful in the mouth! So it goes, cough, cough, cough, quickly eat, repeat sequence, etc.

God Bless us all.

Post a Comment