« Home | Let Jesus live in you » | Don't look down on others » | All God sends is good » | Love God, not possessions » | Trust God in all situations » | Live close to Jesus » | God is unchanging » | Talk about Jesus » | Obey your parents » | Build with good works » 

Thursday, March 23, 2006 

Read God's word daily

Today's word: Psalm 25:1-6

1[a] To you, O LORD, I lift up my soul;

2 in you I trust, O my God.
Do not let me be put to shame,
nor let my enemies triumph over me.

3 No one whose hope is in you
will ever be put to shame,
but they will be put to shame
who are treacherous without excuse.

4 Show me your ways, O LORD,
teach me your paths;

5 guide me in your truth and teach me,
for you are God my Savior,
and my hope is in you all day long.

6 Remember, O LORD, your great mercy and love,
for they are from of old.

How about you?
Do you forget to read your Bible, or even purposely neglect it, and then suddently try to "catch up" by reading faster or more often? That doesn't work well. The Bible is your spiritual food, and you need some of it every day. Set up a regular schedule for Bible reading. You'll see growth in your Christian life.

To memorize: Psalm 119:105
Your word is a lamp to my feet
and a light for my path.




The living Word of God is awesome.

Let the scriptures refuel our spirits, renew our hopes and recharge our enthusiasm.

Let our faith through worship,
biblical teachings and prayer
overcome whatever fears or despair
that we may have so that we can walk victorious with the Lord.

There are hidden treasures in the holy Bible. Wisdom, knowledge, guidance, comfort, joy, hope, peacefulness and love are some of them. Read the Word of God daily and you will come upon these precious items.

"Our heartfelt thanks, Father God". Hallelujah.

i like the His mercy and love is 'old'.

Good "How about you?" esp the bit about reading faster to catch up! Used to be guilty of that!

On another note, I find that Scripture in song is good to keep mind on the Word of God. Great way to memorize Scriptures too!

Yes, I remember the Lord's Prayer can be sung like a song but alas I cannot recall the latter part of it. So sad.

Have also heard of ppl singing the Psalms. Wow, that IS great! Originally meant to be sung, I suppose.

I just luv singing praise and woship songs. Sometimes than more the sermons. [haha] Whenever, (most of the time that is) I hear a nice song I will try to get the lyrics from the worship leader of the particular church I happen to be attending on that particular
Sunday.

Songs brings joy to the heart!

Actually, while it might seem childish, children's Scripture in Songs are great ways to hide God's Word in our hearts. The tunes are usually very catchy so that the children can pick them up easily and remember them. Those are my favourite sources, apart from MY (ahem!) youth days.... we used to compose songs out of Scripture verses!

Post a Comment